Grey skies and the risk of rain start the week but sunny skies are in the forecast by mid-week.
Monday is mainly cloudy with a high of 16 C and a 70 per cent chance of showers starting in the afternoon, according to the Environment and Climate Change Canada forecast.
That switches to a 30 per cent chance of showers or flurries near midnight with a low of 3 C.
Tuesday is expected to be mainly cloudy with a 30 per cent chance of showers or flurries changing to a 70 per cent chance of showers in the afternoon and a west wind at 20 km/h gusting to 40. The forecast high is 14 C.
There’s a 60 per cent chance of showers Tuesday night with an expected low of 4 C.
Sunny skies are forecast for Wednesday and Thursday with highs of 17 C and 20 C. Expected lows are 6 C and 8 C.
Mixed skies with a 40 per cent chance of showers are on tap for Friday and Saturday with highs of 18 C and 20 C. Forecast lows are 8 C and 10 C.
“Normals” for this time of year are highs of 19 C and lows of 7 C.
Sunrise is at 5:38 a.m. and sunset is at 8:19 p.m.