Royal and Celebrity

Royal Family LIVE: Meghan and Harry may make ‘surprise’ move and ‘step into Hollywood’

Meghan Markle and Harry: Omid Scobie on possibility of filmmaking

Omid Scobie, co-author of Finding Freedom, claimed he recently had a “very interesting conversation” with executives from Netflix. Mr Scobie added that he predicts the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who quit royal duties last year for a new life in California – could make a film announcement in the future.

Speaking on the Royally Obsessed podcast, he said: “I had a very interesting conversation with some executives at Netflix recently.

“I was trying my best to get a little bit on the Sussexes.

“All that was said to me was ‘oh man, you don’t even know the half of what they’re working on. They are aiming so high.’

“So I think the one thing that may surprise us at one point – and I don’t know when this will be – and this is just my own guess really… I think this is when we’re going to hear some sort of movie announcement.”

He continued: “It’s only a matter of time before they’ve acquired the rights to a really incredible story, that they’re able to bring to life through a movie or a television drama.

“We’ve heard a lot about the non-scripted work that they’re doing.

Follow our blog for the latest royal news (Image: GETTY)

There is that whole side of the production company that is scripted. So it’s only a matter of time before we actually see that come to life.

“I think that that’s really exciting because it’s a side of them that we’ve never seen or heard of before, but also one that we know they’re both eager to get into.

“So being able to step into Hollywood a bit but trying to do it in the way – as they were describing – a much more impactful and socially conscious way – that’s going to be really interesting.”

Lawyers for Harry and Meghan have distanced themselves from Finding Freedom, describing it as unauthorised, and saying the authors “do not speak for our clients and seem to rely on unnamed sources”.

FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:

12:15am update: Meghan’s privacy claim rejected by expert after Oprah interview

Meghan Markle’s tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey doesn’t “sit well” after the Duchess launched a legal campaign against the Daily Mail for invading her privacy.

A royal expert has claimed that  was “not looking for privacy” following her dramatic departure from the , but was instead waiting for her privacy-related court case to conclude before re-entering the “spotlight”.

The Duchess of Sussex brought a copyright claim against the Mail on Sunday after they published extracts of her private letter, but shortly afterwards appeared in a tell-all Oprah Winfrey interview with her husband 

Speaking to Royally Us about Meghan’s claim that her Oprah interview was “cathartic”, expert Jonathan Sacerdoti said: “I have to say, that bit stuck out to me.

Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle’s life in pictures (Image: Express)

10.45pm update: Meghan will be ‘more determined than ever’ after Piers’ Ofcom win

Meghan Markle will be “more determined than ever” after Piers Morgan’s Ofcom victory, according to a commentator.

Mr Morgan’s comments on Good Morning Britain about the Duchess of Sussex’s Oprah Winfrey interview were cleared by the watchdog this week.

But commentator Adam Helliker claimed the ruling will leave Meghan – who quit royal duties with Prince Harry last year for a new life in California – “more determined than ever”.

Mr Helliker told the Sun: “I think she’s going to feel more determined and it will up her game so to speak.”

8.40pm update: Eugenie, Queen and Andrew could become Cambridges’ neighbours

Princess Eugenie, the Queen and Prince Andrew could be Prince William and Kate’s new neighbours amid reports of a Windsor move for the Cambridges.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly “seriously considering” a move to Windsor with their three children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

If William and Kate do relocate, they will count Eugenie, Andrew and the Queen among their neighbours.

Eugenie is staying at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s former Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage, with her husband Jack Brooksbank and their son August.

Meanwhile, the Queen has mainly been based at Winsor Castle since the pandemic.

Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson also live in Windsor at Royal Lodge.

william kate

William and Kate are said to be considering a move to Windsor (Image: GETTY)

7.50pm update: Princess Margaret’s grandson to take on gruelling challenge

Princess Margaret’s grandson Arthur Chatto is set to take on a gruelling challenge that Prince Edward famously quit.

The 22-year-old is set to be the Royal Marines’ latest officer recruit and will undertake 32 weeks of gruelling training, a process which has been notoriously dubbed as one of the longest and most arduous training programmes in the world.

As the younger son of Daniel and Lady Sarah Chatto – Margaret’s daughter – Arthur is the Queen’s great-nephew and is set to be the first member of the Royal Family to join the Marines since Edward abandoned the training in 1986.

7pm update: Queen thrilled as George, Charlotte & Louis take part in ‘tradition’

The Queen enjoyed a royal “tradition” with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis during the August bank holiday weekend, it has been claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children reportedly joined the monarch at Balmoral in the past week.

According to a family friend, it has recently become a tradition that the Queen keeps the last weekend in August free for her grandchildren and great-grandchildren during her summer holiday in Scotland.

The insider told Vanity Fair: “It has become a tradition in recent years that the Bank Holiday weekend is the final family get together before Christmas and everyone is invited.

“In the past it has turned into one big sleepover with lots of the Queen’s grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Her Majesty enjoys it immensely.”

cambridges

The Cambridges reportedly joined the Queen at Balmoral (Image: GETTY)

6.25pm update: Queen ‘constantly frustrated’ with Charles and ‘puzzled by him’

During the Channel 4 documentary Queen Elizabeth: Love, Honour and Crown, which aired in March this year, Clive Irving said the Queen has “never really understood” her eldest son Charles, and is “puzzled by him.”

The royal expert added: “All those around the Queen never measure up to that at any point. Her own family has not measured up to that.

“Charles never measures up to that.”

5.45pm update: Meghan and Harry becoming ‘intensely popular’ in US

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are becoming “intensely popular” in the US after shaking off their “frustrations” with royal life, a biographer has claimed.

Stewart Pearce, the author of Diana: The Voice of Change, told Express.co.uk: “They’re intensely popular in the United States.

“This is due to their intelligence, the clarity, the self-willed projection of what their personalities are all about, particularly now they’ve removed themselves from the UK.

“They both removed themselves purely because of what they experienced from the press for two years.”

5.20pm update: Dr Shola furious at Piers for ‘using Queen to stoke animosity’ against Meghan and Harry

Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu has launched a furious attack on Piers Morgan for appearing to “use the Queen to stoke animosity” against Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

The author and women’s rights activist reacted angrily as the former Good Morning Britain presenter celebrated being cleared by Ofcom over his remarks about Meghan following her Oprah interview.

Ofcom ruled yesterday that he was “entitled to say he disbelieved the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s allegations and to hold and express strong views that rigorously challenged their account”.

However Dr Mos-Shogbamimu lashed out at Piers for using the verdict as another way to make a swipe at Meghan for speaking publicly about her struggles with royal life and her mental health while the Queen mourned the death of Prince Philip.

piers morgan

Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu has launched a furious attack on Piers Morgan (Image: GETTY)

4.15pm update: Royals cancel all engagements after young member tests positive for Covid

Royal engagements in Belgium have been cancelled a member of the family tested positive for COVID-19.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of the Belgian Royal Family have cancelled their forthcoming engagements as they are in self-isolation.

An undeclared family member, speculated to be one of their youngest children, has tested positive for the virus resulting in the royal couple limiting their social contact.

3.10pm update: Charles deputised for Queen on personal visit as he moves closer to becoming king

Prince Charles carried out a deeply personal visit to honour Prince Philip in June.

Charles visited ‘Duke of Edinburgh’ in June – a new Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) lifeboat which, as it was revealed today, has been named after his late father Philip.

During this low-profile trip to the RNLI Lifeboat Centre in Poole, the Prince of Wales gave a nod to the Duke’s naval career by installing a silver plate with an engraved magpie on the boat.

Katie Harris taking over live reporting from Kris Boratyn.

Prince Harry 4

Prince Harry during the unveiling of his mother’s statue. (Image: Getty)

14:45pm update: Lady Louise Windsor acted ‘deftly’ after avoiding embarrassing wedding moment

Lady Louise Windsor was praised for acting “very deftly” after a potentially embarrassing moment in front of the TV cameras at Princess Eugenie’s wedding.

Lady Louise has frequently been described as the Queen’s “favourite grandchild” in recent years, owing to their shared interests and the teenager’s personality.

Prince Edward and Sophie’s daughter turns 18 on November 8.

When she reaches the landmark birthday, she will be able to decide if she wishes to use an HRH title, as will their son James, 13, when he reaches the same age.

She has reportedly made a “big impact” on the monarch in recent months, due to her “patience” and babysitting skills with Princess Charlotte.

14:15pm update: Meghan Markle ‘stepping back into Hollywood’ – Duchess ‘aiming so high’ in new projects

Meghan Markle is claimed to be returning to Hollywood after a royal commentator suggested a movie announcement is in the works.

Meghan Markle, 40, and Prince Harry, 36, have signed lucrative deals – thought to be worth well over £100 million – with Spotify and Netflix to fund their new life in the celebrity enclave of Montecito in California.

Royal commentator Omid Scobie has claimed Netflix bosses told him the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are “aiming so high” with their latest projects.

He went on to guess that the couple may acquire the rights to a movie in the future.

Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle. (Image: Getty)

13:45pm update: Prince George and Princess Charlotte showed off skill during summer – ‘Had no qualms’

Prince George and Princess Charlotte showed off during their summer holidays a skill they have both mastered, according to a source.

Both Prince George, eight, and Princess Charlotte, six, are “good swimmers”, a source who spotted the Cambridges holidaying has claimed.

The little royals were seen with their parents and younger brother Prince Louis, three, in early August, when the source said the Cambridges were sailing a small boat on the north of the Norfolk coast.

According to the local source, Kate was giving sailing lessons to her children.

They told Vanity Fair: “They are very much a family of sailors now.”

13:15pm update: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Louis prepare for huge shift in schedule next week

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are all preparing for a major change in their schedule coming next week.

Prince George, eight, Princess Charlotte, six, and Prince Louis, three, have enjoyed several weeks of holidays in the company of their beloved parents, Prince William, 39, and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, 39.

However, the little Cambridges now need to prepare for returning to their duties, as their school and nursery are reopening their doors to students next week.

George and Charlotte attend Thomas’s Battersea, a school in south London welcoming children aged between four to 13.

Its autumn term, called Michaelmas Term, is due to start next Thursday and will last until December 16.

prince william and family

Prince William and Kate with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte. (Image: Getty)

12:45pm update: Kate Middleton’s horror at seeing ‘dead body’: ‘Oh my goodness, what’s that?’

Kate Middleton expressed her shock as she was forced to look at a ‘dead’ body, an unearthed account shows.

A throwback visit to the Turner Contemporary art gallery in Margate in 2015 reveals how the Duchess was able to cope with a shocking situation.

While heavily pregnant with Princess Charlotte, Kate came across a ‘dead’ body during her tour of the gallery.

As the Duchess viewed the piece she could be heard exclaiming: “Oh my goodness, what’s that?!”

11am update: Prince Harry ‘sees himself as global leader’ – latest speech analysed by expert

Prince Harry delivered a passionate speech at the Britsh GQ awards yetserday and a language analyst has now claimed that the Duke is pitching himself as a “global leader and expert”.

According to language expert Judi James, the speech also suggested Prince Harry sees himself as a player in the community of global leaders.

Ms James told Express.co.uk: “This appearance from Harry at the GQ Awards appears to evolve from a humble and generous introduction of the award-winners into a profile-puff for Harry and ‘my wife’ before ending up as a lecture delivered in the tone of an expert.

“‘I’m deeply honoured… Our heroes of this evening…’ in the intro paragraph suggests Harry is suitably awed and humbled to be presenting the prize, albeit virtually.

“By the second paragraph the use of emphatic opinion worded as a statement ‘an early example of the biotech collaboration we need to bring this global crisis to an end’ raises Harry’s verbal status to that of expert and leader.”

harry and william

Prince Harry and Prince William. (Image: Getty)

10:30am update: Prince Harry ditches ‘famous grin’ to appear ‘serious and regal’ during rare appearance

After appearing at the Britsh GQ awards yetserday, a body language expert has analysed Prince Harry’s demenour as he delivered his speech.

Although smiling and sat in front of a large bouquet of yellow roses, the expert claimed Harry’s speech was “serious” and his body language came across as though he were an “expert” on the issues he brought to the audience’s attention.

Body language expert Judi James said: “Appearing on two huge screens and clearly wanting to align with the theme of the event with his bow tie and massive flower arrangement in the background, Harry keeps his body language minimal to deliver a very pointed lecture about vaccines to his audience.

“This is formal and rather regal posing with no apparent signs of the kind of fun approach you could expect at a magazine awards.

“Harry sits slightly slumped – his shirt creases across the middle – to suggest he is in guru, expert, or campaigning mode, rather than anything reflecting more military experience.”

10am update: Queen snub: Charles decision to move to Windsor would be ‘bizarre’

Prince Charles will not follow Prince William and Kate Middleton’s reported move to Windsor, as it would be “bizarre”, a royal historian told Express.co.uk.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly looking to move nearer to the Queen in Windsor. William and Kate have been “seriously considering” ditching their Norfolk estate at Anmer Hall, and “eyeing up” options in the area.

The Cambridges currently split their time between Kensington Palace and Anmer, a wedding gift from the Queen on the Sandringham Estate.

Prince Charles, however, will not be joining them, a royal historian told Express.co.uk.

Prince Charles.

Prince Charles. (Image: Getty)

9:30am update: Royal fans gush over Prince William’s environmental initiative – ‘Will change the world!’

Prince William has been praised by Royal fans after unveiling the sponsors for his latest environmental initiative.

The Duke of Cambridge announced the 14 brands will support and financially sponsor the finalists for the the Earthshot Prize on Wednesday.

Known as the Global Alliance, the 14 sponsors consist of Arup, Bloomberg L.P, Deloitte, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hitachi, Ingka Group (IKEA), Microsoft, The Multichoice Group, Natura & Co, Safaricom, Salesforce, Unilever, Vodacom, and Walmart.

The companies together have a total of 3.6 million employees across five continents.

The Earthshot Prize was founded by the Prince to “incentivise change and help to repair our planet over the next ten years”.

9am update: Prince Philip’s legacy honoured – heartbreak as Duke passed away before seeing tribute

Prince Philip’s service and legacy have been honoured with a lifeboat named after him.

The late Duke of Edinburgh’s long-lasting support for the maritime sector and service in the Royal Navy have been honoured by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) – an organisation Prince Philip was very keen on.

The RNLI named a new Shannon class all-weather lifeboat after the late Queen’s husband.

On top of bearing Prince Philip’s name, the lifeboat also includes a clear tribute to the Duke’s naval career.

The lifeboat presents an engraved silver plate with a magpie, attached by Prince Charles earlier this summer.

This is a clear nod to the HMS Magpie, of which Prince Philip assumed the command on this day in 1950.

Prince Philip

Prince Philip. (Image: Getty)

8:30am update: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s brand ‘bigger’ than Royal Family

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s brand is “bigger” than the Royal Family’s, the Sussexes’ biographer Omid Scobie claimed in September 2020.

Harry and Meghan’s legal team has previously said that Mr Scobie and Ms Durand do not speak for them, and that they “did not collaborate with the authors on the book, nor were they interviewed for it”.

Mr Scobie did claim in September last year, however, that Meghan and Harry’ brand is “bigger” than the Royal Family’s following their agreement with Netflix.

Mr Scobie argued that Finding Freedom’s interest worldwide had shown how big the Sussexes had become.

He said: “It has ignited a bunch of new conversations and to see also the level of interest they have around the world.”

8am update: ‘Back at school again!’ Princess Ingrid Alexandra returns to studies after Covid isolation

Princess Ingrid Alexandra has returned back to school, after recovering from coronavirus, her father has told.

The Norwegian princess was the first member of the foreign Royal family to test positive for the virus but has since recovered after some time away.

Crown Prince Haakon confirmed the news to Norwegian TV-channel NRK.

The TV network asked the Prince about his daughter during an event on September 1.

The Crown Prince said: “Princess Ingrid is well and back at school again.

“She felt it a little, but she has gotten well again and is up and running again.

“Nevertheless, this was a reminder to us that the virus situation is not quite over yet.”


Source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button