Retirement: The best countries worldwide for pensioners unpacked – where should you go?

If Italy is someone’s choice, and they are hopeful to retire there, they must apply via the Italian Embassy or Consulate for an elective residence visa before moving to the country.

In order to be considered, they will need to demonstrate that they meet the minimum income criteria of €31,000 for an individual, €38,000 for a married couple, plus an additional €20,000 for each dependent or child.

Post Brexit, the UK no longer has special status with other European countries but people can still stay in one or more EU member states for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

To move permanently, people would have to look into securing a visa and meeting the specific requirements of the country they are looking to move to. And it’s a good idea not to forget to tell the council, benefits office and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button